Edinburgh Brass Band are a registered charity and regularly play at community and charity events in and around Edinburgh. A small selection of the types of events we have supported in the past include:
- Charity fundraising events
- Concerts on site for care homes and respite centres
- Community garden parties, exhibitions and festivals
To help support this work we also perform at a number of ticketed concerts and can be hired for private events for a fee. Over the years the private events we have been invited to play have varied hugely from flash mobs, open top bus tours to promote a film premiers, half-time entertainment for American football games, and unique art events for the olympics.
If you are organising en event that could benefit from the unique sound of a brass band and are interested in booking us to perform please get in touch. Here are some things to bear in mind:
- The more notice you can give us the better. Edinburgh Brass Band are always asked to perform at more events than we have the capacity to help with. The more notice you can give us the more chance there is that we can fit something in, particularly at busy times like Christmas.
- We are a community band and as such our members play in their spare time. This means it is unlikely we will be able to assist with events during standard work hours.
- A full brass band consists of approximately 28 players (see What is a brass band?). This creates a wonderful sound but means a full band is not appropriate for all events. However, we do play as smaller ensembles particularly when playing carols over Christmas period.